ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:711] Re: Fon du Lac and U.S. Aerobatic ...

From: "Lois R." <zen_flyer at hotmail.com>

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 18:38:20 UTC

Message:

 Why does everything have to take on political undertones? I think USAF
is simply trying to ensure that the U.S. team is the best it can be.
If a pilot can't make the committment to attend these two contests, are
they going to be able to make the committment to practice enough to be
competititive at the world level? Ask anyone who has been on the team
how many weeks (months?) of their time it took to prepare. I think this
method of team selection will weed out the ones who aren't willing to do
the kind of work required to become a world class competitor.

Lois