ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:713] Re: Fon du Lac and U.S. Aerobatic ...

From: Harold James Hitchcock <hjhitchc at piper.hamline.edu>

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 07:08:46 UTC

Message:

I could be preaching to the choir here.  But it seems to me that using 2
contests give someone a chance to improve their chances of making the
team.  Fly poorly in one contest, you still have a chance to improve.

Perhaps what could be done is to use regionals as qualifiers for
Nationals.  Pilots who fly well at either a regional or Fon du Lac would
be guaranteed spots to compete at Nationals.  The rest could fly as time
permits.  This would seem to place a greater emphasis on consistent
quality flying.  That is what USAF wants in the team correct?  Perhaps
this has been tried in the past...

Hal Hitchcock