ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:744] Re: Fon du Lac and U.S. Aerobatic ...

From: Eric Rood <ericrood at freenet.columbus.oh.us>

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:52:52 UTC

Message:

 Let me clarify my posting.  As I remember, Leo did participate in the
flyoff for slots, but did not fly at Nationals or any other contest that
year. He was awarded a team slot based on his flying during the flyoff,
not because he showed up.  This was followed by a howl of protests by
competitors who had flown in other contests during the year and at
Nationals and led to the requirement to fly Nationals before team tryouts.
 Now we have FDL and Nationals as a requirement.  Anyone remember
differently? Mike, set me straight where I'm wrong?  Eric.

Eric Rood
ericrood at freenet.columbus.oh.us