ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:900] RE: Alternate Sequences

From: myrnacg at worldnet.att.net (Myrna C.G. Mibus)

Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 07:52:37 UTC

Message:

 I received a call from Dave Lammers today regarding this question and now
see that there are several posts regarding the Regional Pitts trophies on
the list.  Thus, I am responding to the list with what I know.  In my March
Board Report of 1996 I submitted the following recommendation to the Board
regarding the Regional Pitts award:

Regional Pitts Trophies
Mr. Stuart Horn of Aviat Aircraft Inc. would like to get Board approval to
donate a Pitts Cup trophy at each 4-category regional contest this year and
for several years to come.  The trophy would be awarded to the pilot of the
Pitts or Pitts type aircraft with the highest percentage points possible
for the contest who was competing in Sportsman, Intermediate, Advanced or
Unlimited.  Aviat would work with Oshkosh Trophy to purchase these
trophies.  I recommend that the IAC Board of Directors approve Aviat
Aircraft Inc.'s Regional Pitts Trophy idea.

The guidelines for the trophy were related to me by then President Linda
Hamer who had been in contact with Aviat about this award.  So, my
understanding is that the award is for "Pitts or Pitts type aircraft" but
would not include Husky aircraft.  The award is approved by the IAC but
records of winners etc. are not maintained by the Awards Chair or by IAC
Exec office to my knowledge nor do I have instructions from Aviat as to how
to award this prize.

Myrna
IAC Awards Chair