ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] alternate sequences

Message: Re: [IAC] alternate sequences

From: George & Jan Norris <norris at primenet.com>

Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 19:24:10 UTC

Message:

  FYI Steve, and any other pilots who are planning on competing at
Copperstate next weekend, we have been asked by IAC not to utilize the
alternate sequences at our contest, so don't waste any of your practice
time on them unless you really want to. We hope to see lots of you there
for some great weather (hopefully) and great flying.

Jan and George Norris
Copperstate CDs

Cummings, Steve - TP1SMC wrote:

> To: iac at lists.handmadesw.com
> Subject: Re: [IAC] alternate sequences
> Date: Thursday, March 26, 1998 8:57AM
>
> Worse, most competitors will simply be facing another unknown if the
> alternate is called.  Not that I mind unknowns, obviously, but this was not
> the original intent I assume. <<<
>
>  ------- REPLY   SEPARATOR --------
>
> It's only an unknown if you haven't practiced it. That would make it, for
> me, WAY UNKNOWN. I saw it published in SA a while back, but that's as far as
> I've gone with it. I haven't flown it, haven't even bothered to write it
> down anywhere nor carry it with my other sequences. I've been somewhat
> complacent about this item because the contest weather in CA and AZ is
> nearly always great. However, now that I've allowed myself to slip into a
> state of unreadiness, Murphy's Law is sure to leap from the bushes and take
> a big bite out of my a#% at the next contest  (which just happens to be next
> week). Not surprisingly, the weather here just turned "el nino" on us again.
>
> Hmmmm, perhaps I should spend a little time this weekend finding and copying
> the thing so that I will have the privilege of flying the "flat unknown"
> (which I think I can handle) rather than the "flat non-existent" (which
> would be a challenge).
>
> Thanks for the timely reminder...

This message is from (check all that apply)     o     o
( ) George Norris  PP-ASEL-IA                    \_|_/
( ) Jan Markham (Norris) PP-ASEL            =====(_o_)=====
Bonanza V35B 19A, Pitts S2B 1JH, & TBD       | X   v   X |
email:  norris at primenet.com                =================