ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:953] Re: Status of One Design?

From: RIHNAIRCO at aol.com

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 01:37:25 UTC

Message:

 More than 400 sets of plans have been sold in 19 countries.  22 are flying
and somewhere around 100 are under construction.  It is a plans built
aircraft.  It is not a kit airplane.  However, many skilled artisans have
produced and will sell various components that an inexperienced builder might
find daunting to undertake.  Serial # 1 took 12th place at AWAC (Doug
Jardine). Four showed up at Sun 'n Fun and two were seen at Oshkosh.  Since
it takes about 3 years to build an airplane that is pretty good considering
when the plans were first made available.  I mounted the engine on mine for
the first time yesterday.  That was a significant event in my life!  My wing
and ailerons are done and I am hooking up the engine and preparing to cover
my fuselage.  Lots of sheet metal and fabric work remains before painting.
 Maybe next year, or the next.  I keep trying to remember  " The destination
is the journey".

Dick Rihn