ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:1018] Re: Acro/airshow pilot Jim Kincai ...

From: "Allyson Parker-Lauck" <princess at brigadoon.com>

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 18:08:55 UTC

Message:

 Yes, sadly it's true that IAC member, and my dear friend and hangar mate,
Jim Kincaid, was killed yesterday at the San Marcos, TX airshow.  He was
flying in his 1973 Pitts S-2A "Oklahoma Crude".  His wife Maritza, also a
pilot, was at the show and witnessed the accident.  I picked her up from
the Tulsa airport last night and her description of the accident is very
similar to Herman's.

Jim and his family moved from Ponca City, OK to the Lake of the Ozarks, MO
only 2 weeks ago.  He came back to Ponca City on Wednesday so that he could
prepare for the show Wednesday and Thursday.  Jim and Maritza left in the
Pitts for San Marcos on Friday morning.

The funeral has not been scheduled yet, but Maritza thinks it will be held
at Grace Episcopal Church in Ponca City on Thursday.  Jim is survived by
his wife Maritza, and their 5 children, Alex (15), David (13), Lillian (9),
Michael (7), and Randy (5).  Condolences can be sent to:

The Kincaid Family
#8 Sac Road
Lake Ozark, MO  65049

Jim was a great teacher.   Instructing people in general aviation and
aerobatics was his passion (along with Karaoke singing).  He taught my
husband to fly, and was always willing to help me and support me in my
flying.  We couldn't go anywhere together that he didn't brag on me.
Before moving to Ponca City, Jim was a captain and check airman in Honolulu
Hawaii with Aloha Island Air.  After moving to Ponca City 3 years ago, he
and Maritza operated their flight school, Kaimana Aviation (Jim's nickname
was "Diamond Jim" and Kaimana means diamond in Hawaiian).  Jim was a
regular performer at many of the airshows in Texas and Oklahoma, but also
performed nationwide.

Jim was a great friend and pilot, and I will miss him dearly.

Allyson Parker-Lauck
Ponca City, OK