ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:1021] Re: Acro/airshow pilot Jim Kincai ...

From: "Allyson Parker-Lauck" <princess at brigadoon.com>

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 21:25:31 UTC

Message:

 Sorry to post again, but I just wanted to clarify one point.  I'm not sure
whether or not the people who helped Maritza Kincaid after Jim's crash were
members of the Confederate Air Force.  They may have well been, but they
weren't associated with this airshow -- they were spectators from out of
town.  None of the local organizers or officials of the airshow offered her
assistance.    I find this inexcusable.

Allyson

----------
> From: Herman Dierks <dierks at austin.ibm.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <iac-l at listproc.eracer.org>
> Subject: [IAC-L:1020] Re: Acro/airshow pilot Jim Kincaid killed Sat.
(fwd)
> Date: Sunday, September 21, 1997 3:53 PM
>
>  Good point on the Density Altitude. I was at work all day (inside AC)
>  so I forgot about the heat. I know it was still quite hot and muggy
>  late last nite.
>
>  I got a call from Allison Parker (our new IAC Secretary).
>  She said Jim was her hanger mate.
>  Jim had just moved to Ponca City OK a few months back.
>  Allison said she posted a note on the net but I have not seen it.
>
>  She said nobody offered to help Jim's wife at the air show.
>  She rode to the hospital in the ambulance and after Jim died,
>  finally a few air show spectators came to offer some assistance.
>  None of the Confederate Airforce folks came to help her.
>  With the air show going on and all it was probably a zoo.
>
>  Jim's wife flew back to Ponca City last nite.
>
>  Herman
>
> > From iac-l at eracer.org Sun Sep 21 14:35:47 1997
> > Sender: iac-l at listproc.eracer.org
> > From: Alex Galbraith <alex_g at texas.net>
> > To: Multiple recipients of list <iac-l at listproc.eracer.org>
> > Subject: [IAC-L:1019] Re: Acro/airshow pilot Jim Kincaid killed Sat.
> > Date: 	Sun, 21 Sep 1997 14:31:53 -0500
> >
> > Two words can sum up the Unfortunate accident at the San Marcos, Texas
> > Airport..."Density Altitude."  I was also flying Saturday, but in
Austin