ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Nationals location

From: "Frank Gorham" <frankgorham at comcast.net>

Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:54:21 UTC

Message:

  Guys and Gals,

        Interesting topic even though  I have no problem with Grayson County
beyond the current restriction on box practice time.  In fact it is a bit of
pleasant personal history for me as I was assigned there twice during my
USAF days.

     The model aircraft community used to rotate their annual Nationals from
W. Coast to Central US, to E.Coast until they bought a huge farm just
outside Muncie Indiana which is now their permanent headquarters and
National contest home.

     I am not suggesting that IAC buy a home location, just that rotating
venues have worked for a much larger organization.

                        Cheers,  Frank