ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:1254] Re: 4-minute

From: "R.H.F. Spencer" <rhfs at mhv.net>

Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 15:48:42 UTC

Message:

 PAUL LOGUE wrote:

> In my opinion,  the 4-minute has no place in the arena with  "precision sport
> aerobatics", not to say that it doesn't require skill and talent, but is, in
> many cases self-serving, ego driven, dangerous and at some contests a waste of
> contest time.
> Good flying!
> -------------------------------O
>
> Paul Logue
> IAC # 1247
> Chapter 3
> N. Judge
> ADV S1

Whew, don't sugar coat it!  Please, recall the original history of
competition aerobatics started with this "free style" format.  Following
the thread here, I don't think anyone is advocating starting with a
blank peice of paper and literally winging it. IMHO the idea merits
review, not a carte blanche or a nix.

Later -RS-