ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] 4 Minute

From: "Kirk Fulton" <Kirk_Fulton at email.msn.com>

Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 14:53:15 UTC

Message:

    Just got back home from watching the 4 minute Sunday. The flying was
incredible by all the pilots that participated. I do have a couple of
comments though. With the push to recruit more members and promote grass
roots aerobatics, the attendance was down quit a bit from years past. Maybe
this was due to the heat or that it is not a team selection year. But with
fewer pilots and lots of time on Sunday I am curious as to why a pilot was
not allowed to fly the 4 minute in a Sterman. That is as about as grass
roots as you can get and would have been fun to watch, especially for some
of the spectators that are outside of IAC. It certainly could not have hurt.
I know there are some out there that are more up on the rules than I am but
I did some checking around and could not find a reason why he couldn't fly.
It just seems to me that with lower attendance at the Nationals it would not
have hurt to let him fly as long as all rules were met and he paid his entry
fee.

just a thought
Kirk Fulton