ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] 4 Minute

Message: Re: [IAC] 4 Minute

From: RIHNAIRCO at aol.com

Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 15:26:36 UTC

Message:

  Kirk et al,
Kirk, you have discovered a complex problem which has been debated many times
by Rules and by the Board.  On the one hand IAC wants to encourage spectators
but on the other hand the premium for our insurance for contests is based on
a paucity of spectators.  Air show insurance is prohibitive in premium unless
one runs a bona fide airshow with all that that entails.   The rules which
the CD was probably relying upon at the Nationals is 5.6.1 page 68 which
states," Pilots eligible to fly this special event will be determined by the
Contest Jury.  Unliimited Power competitors who have not flown the previous
flight programs in the contest but who are determined qualified to fly this
program are eligible.

I wasn't there, so this is only a guess.

Best Wishes,

Dick Rihn