ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:1448] Important List Info from Admin

From: Larry Walls <larryw at CIO.hhsys.org>

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 18:13:53 UTC

Message:

 Please read the following from the list administrator:

SPAM
The list has been hit several times lately by spam.
Unfortunately, we do not have a definitive way to prevent
the list from being spammed.  Each of these messages has
come from a member of the list, and as you all know, any
list member can submit any message to the list.  However,
as administrator of the list, the last thing we need is
more spam so please DON'T DO IT!!!

If you see a piece of spam from the list, DO NOT respond to
the message.  This response will go to the list and will
simply result in more SPAM.  Also, NEVER respond to a
message from the list with the word remove or unsubscribe
in the body of the message or in the subject line.  The BOT
watching the list takes these commands very seriously and
you will be removed from the list.  I realize this makes
the BOT very dumb but after all it is a computer

SUBSCRIBING
To the subscribe to the list send an email
to LIST-MAN at ERACER.ORG

In the body of the message put SUBSCRIBE IAC LIST

UNSUBSCRIBING
To unsubscribe to the list send an email
to LIST-MAN at ERACER.ORG

In the body of the message put UNSUBSCRIBE IAC LIST

These instructions and a complete index of all email from
the list is always available at www.eracer.org