ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:1588] More Info on Randy Gagne

From: Atcsandra at aol.com

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:17:57 UTC

Message:

 Not much new to report. The aircraft apparently impacted the ground
vertically and under power. Anything else is pure conjecture at this point.
The aircraft suffered such severe damage that the investigation will be
difficult and it will probably be awhile before we have any substantial
clues.

Attitude Adjusters (Randy's business at Van Nuys Airport) will be open all
week for those who wish to stop by. Sheree Gagne will probably not be there,
but there is a board set up for people to sign with their condolences and
there will be several of Randy's friends to talk to. E-mail me directly if
you would like directions to fly in or drive in. Please do not call Sheree.
She appreciates that you would like to offer your condolences, but she's a
little overwhelmed at this point. If you can't make it to VNY to sign the
board, feel free to send your wishes to me via e-mail. I will print them and
pass them on to Sheree. She would appreciate your support.

Plans are still being made for the memorial service. Tentatively, plan for
Saturday, November 1st at Thomason Aviation, which is right next to Randy's
hangar at Van Nuys. I will post more details as soon as they are available.
If you want me to contact you directly, e-mail me with your phone number or
call me at 714-236-9759.

Sheree has also asked that we gather as many Pitts aircraft as possible. Some
will do flybys and we will have a missing man formation. Randy had 19,500
hours, and 12,500 of those were in the Pitts. If you can bring your Pitts,
contact Randy Chestnut at work (800) 777-7070 or home 562-430-8306. Details
as to who will fly the missing man or who will do a fly by will be determined
at the airport on Saturday.

Sandra Bullock
Vice President
IAC Chapter 49