ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:1662] Re: Intermediate Free Flight

From: DSowder <DSowder at aol.com>

Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 05:29:35 UTC

Message:

 Regarding the use of an old Intermediate Known sequence for your Free, there
might be a couple of problems. For instance, the '97 Int. Known has a K of
172, whereas you're allowed a K of 175 (I think maybe it is going to change
for '98). Assuming you get 10's on all your figures, that's giving away 30
points on your flight! Also, the '97 Known would be illegal as a Free because
it repeats a catalog number (5.1.1, the Hammer). Also repeats 9.1.5.1, the
quarter roll down.

Drawing up your own Free for the first time can be quite a challenge. A good
way to do it is to collect a few other people's frees at contests (or
elsewhere). Use them for reference, or just outright steal them! In fact, if
you'd like to E-mail me your address or fax no., I'll be pleased to send you a
copy of my '97 Int. Free, which in my humble opinion is really a good one
(designed for Pitts S-1). Won 3 contests out of 4 entered this season with it.

Good luck...a good Free can really be fun to fly.

Doug Sowder