ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:1646] Boxes in General

From: Gypsy444 at aol.com

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:07:07 UTC

Message:

 If the FAA would give us more boxes, and more boxes at controlled airports,
we might have less accidents.  It's a different scenario for an aerobatic
pilot to fly in controlled circumstances.  For eg., there is usually a safety
monitor on the ground, it keeps the actualy flying more professional and
subject to scrutiny and it encourages critiquing by like minded pilots.  The
FAA has wanted us to be away from airports (don't aerobatic pilots belong on
airports?  Skydivers are encourage to be there, why not us?) for "safety"
reasons... Safety for other pilots in the area I suppose.  But they need to
understand that we are not a conflict to other traffic is the box is situated
properly, and that the aerobatic pilots are always happy to work with other
traffic.

SO, how about a concerted effort from IAC to demand (?) boxes at airports so
we can keep a better eye on each other.

Just ramblin' on, Patty