ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:1803] MT3 Prop AD

From: "drew hurley" <attydhurley at classic.msn.com>

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 00:28:07 UTC

Message:

 	As was posted here recently, the FAA has issued an AD on the MT3 props
calling for repetitive inspection/replacement of the hub depending on which
model hub you have.  I have a Yak 55M with an MT3 prop less than a year old.
For some reason I feel somewhat chagrined at having to pay for something that
should have been right in the first place.  For some reason it somehow seems
fair and equitable that the manufacturer bear the cost.  I haven't heard of
any ADs where the users (us) got together and forced the manufacturer who put
the bad part on the street to pay for the the AD compliance.  Has anyone?

	Does this seem outrageous?  Am I thinking too much like a lawyer (hard to
stop)?

	I'd appreciate any input on the above.

Thanks
Drew Hurley