ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Visio stuff

Message: Re: [IAC] Visio stuff

From: reniska at austin.asc.slb.com (Kim Reniska)

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 15:32:36 UTC

Message:

  A little clarification -
        The instructions that Lois gave below are for PC users running
        Netscape.
        From the Helpers screen you must press "Create New type". Then it
        prompts you for the Mime Type and Mime SubType.  For the Mime Type
        enter application. For the Mime Subtype enter x-visio.
        I did not have to put in any file extensions. I just set the "Launch
        the Application" toggle button and entered the application in the next
        field. It is probably easiest to use the "Browse..." button to find
        your Visio appliation.

        If you have Internet Explorer.
        From the menu item "View" at the top, select "Options". Then click on
        the tab titled "File Types".
        My browser already had "VISIO 4 Drawing". It has extensions VSD VSS VST
        and VSW. If you do not see VISIO in the list, you can add it with the
        "New Type..." button. In the "Content Type" field enter
        application/x-visio.

        If you have AOL's web browser, I don't think you automatically start
        VISIO.

Kim