ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] RESULTS: Arisona State Championships

Message: Re: [IAC] RESULTS: Arisona State Championships

From: Archer5151 <Archer5151 at aol.com>

Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 02:22:00 UTC

Message:

  I just want to THANK all those who came to the 1997 Arizona State
Championships both as competitors, and as volunteers as it was really all of
you that made this a great contest.

I would like to add one correction, Hal Raish was Chief Judge for Unlimited,
and Dick Johnson was the Chief Judge for Advanced.

I did make two special awards, the first to Maryilnn Holland for a super job
as the volunteer coordinator, as she is probably the most organized and
competent person I have had the pleasure of working with.  Second, I want to
thank Hal Raish who makes just about all the Arizona contests, and will do any
job needed.  This year (as in past contests) Hal worked long and hard with the
box marking crew on Thursday, and then on the line all day both days, and he
won't even stay for the banquet.  He is dedication personified, and I am
deeply in his debt for all his efforts.  Hal, I hope your trip back to "sunny"
California was without mishaps.

I don't want any of the volunteers who came from all over to feel slighted if
I didn't mention them by name, with out the gypsy troup of volunteers from all
over the country all contests would be in serious trouble.  My sincere thanks
for making the 1997 Arizona State Championships a grand success.

Thanks again
Rick Aldom