ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Pitts S2C Info

From: Chandler Air Service <fly at aerobatics.com>

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:20:07 UTC

Message:

  To All,

Just got my name added to the list of numerous associates who talk acro
without reserve. One of the first things I noted was some info needed on the
Pitts S2C.

Kathy Straub of Chapter 69 spent the time to check out the Aviat web site at
"www.aviataircraft.com" and if you click on "pitts special" you will find
the current listed specs for the S2C.

The airplane is not an S2B. It is a new type certificated airplane. All the
ADs and placards on the B model do not apply. Some new gereral info:

Same engine but comes standard with the hartzel 3 blade composit prop.

Squared off trailing edge wingtips with S-111 ailerons to the tip. No
spades. Four more square feet of wing.

Squared of horizontal and vertical stablizers with larger surfaces and
servos on both rudder and elevators.

Nice flat belly, no more guppy look.

Same gear but fared in differently.

New windshield design but attached to the same canopy. The canopy is
interchangable with the B model.

A bunch of cosmetics changes like new levers, vents and cowling.

Negative load limits increased to -5gs at max acro weight.

25 to 30% faster roll rate, more vertical, and lands like a B in a Steady 10
headwind.

I hope this will shed a little light on the new airplane. The first model
s/n 6001 is scheduled for delivery March 30, 1998

John Walkup

P.S. We flew it and it works.