ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] flying

From: Jimmy Vance <jvance at pdq.net>

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:41:45 UTC

Message:

  Greetings all,

If I may, I have more questions, and perhaps an observation.

Most all of you folks fly aerobatics competitively.  I have now, and
have always had, a passion for flying, which I am certain is shared by
each and every one of you regardless of your type of flight, or the
aircraft in which it is performed.  Pilots are, by the very nature of
their ability and desire to fly aircraft, a small and close knit
community of individuals.  I do not at this time fly aerobatics, nor do
I belong to the IAC, but I am an aviator.  I have belonged to many
organizations in one capacity or another, and have never been a member
of one which was without conflict.  Any time more than one person
belongs to something, a conflict of ideas exists.  Is this bad?  I dont
think so.

My point is, we all share the same love and passion.  Reading the posts
here, since I have subscribed to it has rather amazed me.  Conflicting
ideas is one thing, and most can be worked out in some form or another.
Sniping each other and flame wars are, or should be, beneath the dignity
of accomplished aviators such as yourselves.

Some of the names I read on this list are legendary to me, people I
would love to meet in person and pick their respective minds until I
could absorb all the knowledge I could possibly obtain.

I mean no disrespect by this post, but do find myself wondering a wee
bit if this is an organization that I want to belong to...(my tendency
toward motion sickness not withstanding)  Enough from me..and you just
get the observation today...If I'm not totally gunned out of the mailing
list...the questions will come later.

Jim