Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: flying?

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: flying?

Thread: [Acro] Re: flying?

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:30:13 UTC

I completely agree. If one of these fanatics flys a airplane into a sports stadium (full of people) before the FBI gets to them it is all over for VFR flying. The government needs time to sort all these bastards out. There will always be the possibility of attack from air, ground, etc.. But if it happened now ....I do not even want to think about it. Read in the paper today further attacks were supposedly planned for Sept. 22.

Chris
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  To: acrolist 
  Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 9:19 AM
  Subject: [Acro] flying?

ok, we are in deep doo doo over this.  we will be flying when the powers that be say we can.  it is their decision.  I don't think we should necessarily be lobbying anyone to let us fly until they deem it a ok from the point of finding some of these bastards, and being sure we are not going to get hit again  by any other fanatics we have invited to our party.

I would rather not fly now, and be able to fly for the rest of my life in 2 weeks or 2 months, than to fly now and keep our government from getting to the bottom of solving these immediate dangerous and outrageous problems.

We need to support solving long term problems, and let go of our "need" for more immediate gratification.  I love acro and i love flying, and i want to fly, but i also have no other body to trust buy our leaders.  God's speed to them!!!!!!

james
  james mcfarland
  IAC 28261   EAA 9030577
  Zlin 242L 242WK
  East Lansing, Michigan
  Hot tub Czar
Attachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn