ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] 2000 Contest Schedule

From: John Nagy <JNAGY at ngmsmtp.nida.nih.gov>

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:01:55 UTC

Message:

  Dear IAC Chapter Presidents and CDs, (East of Indiana, and North of
Tennesee, including Canada)

Would you be interested in coordinating Y2K contest schedules so that:

1.  The most possible regional contests could occur before US Nationals
in Sherman, TX (Labor Day Week)

2.  Do not worry about IAC Championships in your 2000  scheduling
policy. . .ain't nobody going all the way to Phoenix in a Pitts or a Zlin.

3. Please schedule Canadian Championships, so that I can win both US
and Canadian, instead of making me choose which one to win.  Don't
Canadians have a different Holiday from Labor Day to use for their
Championships?

4. Please don't make me miss a regional contest (and a shot at another
Grass Roots medal) if I go to either US or Canadian Nationals.

5. If I am going to US Nationals, I will happily fly in lousy visibility and heat,
in regional contests, in July and August, to prepare for the US Nationals .
. .  which are flown in 100 degree temps, if you haven't heard.

6.  Please keep the contests precisely two weeks apart, but if you must
bunch some up, use August, so we have more options in preparing for
US Nationals.

Help me out here, contestants . . . say additional criteria for our leaders.
(And remember, our Zlin is for sale, and Terri and I may not even fly next
year.)